I Have Strong Passion in Building Alter of Worship Anywhere I Go. Minister Osas

Minister Osas (Osaremhen Ogbeni) is a Nigerian-Canadian gospel artist, a worship leader, vocal coach, instrumentalist and a producer based in Canada.


A singer songwriter and a gospel music minister who has been singing from the age of 12. He started out in a youth choir and soon moved to be a worship leader in the church choir. His passion for music continued to grow as he learnt to play the piano at a young age. He threw himself into his worship ministry, leading at different gospel concerts and fulfilling the mandate and calling of God over his life. He has a strong passion to build altars of worship wherever he goes.  This is his call and vision for ministry
With  his unique powerhouse vocal, he makes his time with the audience an emotional and unforgettable experience. He has a strong desire to make contact with God at every worship service ; this strong desire has taken him to different countries and churches in Russia,Nigeria, America and Canada. While in Russia studying, he got an award for outstanding instrumentalist at the far Eastern University Music Festival.


His style of music bridges the divide and unites all gospel audience , R&B, contemporary and traditional gospel. As a producer he spent quite a lot of time with young and upcoming artistes at CHARLYS STUDIO Lagos Nigeria.

In this interview with Elendu Paul(RichyBells), he talks about his background, the journey so far, recent album and dream for Nigeria gospel industry.


What's your new album about? Title, number and   names of tracks...?

My Album or cd is titled  I MADE IT ,It has 10 tracks,  this album speaks in so many diferentt waays, but more importantly that God can bring you out of any challenge or struggle



Which is your favourite track in the album and why?

Well all the tracks in the album speaks to me in different ways ,but track 3 which is the feature song has a special place in my heart because I wrote that song when I was going through rough time in my life ..

Can you recount your previously released songs?


Actually I have never released any song prior to this album ,even though I have a lot of songs written already, I only did demos here and there..


How and why did you start doing gospel music?

I started off junior choir back in high school ,my mom has a big influence on my love for music ,even though she doesn't really know anything about music ,she always us to encourage me to go for choir rehearsals

What's your experience as a gospel artiste outside Nigeria?

Yeah its been a wonderful journey, its more clearer to me why God has allowed me to be here ,I was doing gospel music back in Nigeria ,but coming here has exposed me to Gods will in a whole different dimension ,as my trips to the states ,Europe and up here has brought a bigger understanding of Gods direction for my ministry..

How has it been since the release of your album some months back?

It's been nothing but awesome ,God has been so good ,it feels like my ministry exploded since the cd-release concert, we have been able to reach a lot of people , the album is getting air play in a few radio station in Jamaica, the states, Nigeria and the uk.,the music video is on YouTube and playing in a few websites

What are your hopes for the new album?


My hopes for this project is for it to get to as many more people and to bless every listener in a mighty way

What challenges have you encountered so far as a gospel artiste?

One of the biggest challenge would be funding ,most times everything we do as an artist is self-funded ,we would love to get more sponsorships from cooperate- bodies and even ministries ..

Any major collaborations?

Well I have two collaborations on this project , one with my home boy chosen-da journey and pastor Anthony aigbe

Where do you draw inspiration for your songs from?

I get my inspiration from different people from TD jakes, William mac dowell,kirk franklin tye Tibbett and a host of others


What's your opinion on gospel music in Nigeria?

Oh my God the gospel industry in Nigeria has exploded in a big big way ,I still follow everything going on there , great artists like Nathaniel bassey ,efe Nathan and a host of others are doing so good ,I mean we sing all their songs up here ..,sinach is very porpular around the world.

Tell us about your Tour?

The vision is to get to every nation and tribe with the word of the Lord through my music ministry, and

How many states are you covering and what are you willing to achieve from the Tour

 So far God has taken us USA,,UK,Russia, and there is a lot more to come by his grace.

Comments